Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

a border story interlude

So I have one more part to write about our long trip home, which will be up later today.

However, I just want everyone reading this blog story for whatever reason--entertainment, information, cultural significance--to keep in mind that while my experience was miserable and threw me off my game all week, that my struggle to get home is NOTHING compared to the everyday events faced by people around the world.

If you are reading MY story, which has more comic value than long-term trauma, please also keep up with the story of Laila el-Haddad, a Palestinian journalist from Gaza.
She has her own, much more serious, border issues at the moment.

It's also a fantastic blog and will give you insight into what's going on in Palestine more than the news ever will.

http://a-mother-from-gaza.blogspot.com/

No comments: